Monday, August 14, 2017

Online raffle



So it looks like the rca are going to shake things up again this year by having an online raffle for the top places in the queue.  It's unclear so far as to how this will work but I assume this means that tickets can be bought by anyone anywhere in the world provided they can get to the college on sale day to buy.

I guess an online raffle was inevitable given that the viewing will not be open at all prior to the sale commencing.

I have to say I still haven't really got my mind around how it's all going to work.  Camping has apparently been banned but I presume that just means tents aren't allowed and that people can still queue (after all the college will want a queue in order to sell cards and get media interest).  Perhaps this will be clarified closer to the time.  

I guess in a way the sale is victim to its own success -  I can see why the college want to try and stop those hardened campers who camp out for a week beforehand (although in truth they did little harm and plenty of good in terms of promoting the sale and media interest in it).   Lots of other British institutions - Wimbledon, last night of the proms, Harrods sale etc so have queues and campers and seem to find a way to keep everyone interested.

Anyway it promises to be an interesting month as more information is released.  

No comments: